1. The, 16575 Shannon Rd., is inviting the public to its stage adaptation of the well-loved 1939 MGM musical The Wizard of Oz at 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 2; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 3 and 2 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 4. Admission is free, but donations are welcomed. Details: 408-358-4167 or email@example.com.
2. , 20 Cherry Blossom Ln., is inviting the public to an open house at 10:30 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, to see its expanded facilities, meet its clergy and interact with congregation members. The public will learn about the synagogue's upcoming events and opportunities for socializing, study and service, tour its religious school, its early childhood center and youngsters will be able play on a bounce house and make a craft. Details: 408-358-1751.
3. Don't miss the final free Music in the Park concert, 5-7 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28, Los Gatos Civic Center, 110 E. Main St. Performing will be Journey Unauthorized, a Journey tribute band that covers the '80s rockers tunes to a tee. Take in every last note of some of the most recognizable power ballads and rock anthems of the light-hearted decade.
4. Throughout the year, the collects used eyeglasses and deliver them to regional Lions Eyeglass Recycling Centers (LERCs). LERC volunteers clean, sort by prescription strength and package the glasses. Most of the recycled glasses are distributed to people in need in developing countries where they will have the greatest impact. If you have used eyeglasses you no longer need, you can donate them now in the Los Gatos Senior Center Office. Lions accept prescription and reading glasses, sunglasses and plastic and metal frames. Children’s glasses are especially needed. Details: 408-356-1266.
5. The ElderCare Group will be on-site at the 208 East Main St., the first Friday of every month from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. The ElderCare Group provides information about resources that are available in the community to help manage the transitions that accompany aging. Drop-ins welcome. Initial consultations are free. Details: 408-354-1514.