Welcome to the weekend edition of the Northern California Patch roundup!
Today we have employees hurt and a lab damaged in an explosion at Amgen, ducks dying in a popular Redwood City pond, and a mom who turned in her son for stealing an elderly woman’s purse.
We also have this heartwarming story from Walnut Creek Patch, about a local woman’s plans to return to Boston to finish the marathon she began last spring:“In April, Erica Robertson is going to complete what two terrorist bombers wouldn't let her finish last year.
“She raised $11,000 for medical research into Rett syndrome, a disease that has afflicted her 7-year-old daughter, Avery.Read on for this story and more.
- Local Woman Returning To Boston To Finish Her Marathon Quest
- Employees Injured, Lab Damaged in Amgen Inc. Explosion
- Purse Snatch Suspect Turned In By His Mother
- Sonoma County 23-year Old Is Latest Bay Area Flu Death
- Bird Deaths at Peninsula Pond Linked to Avian Cholera
- MVPD: Midnight Residential Prowler Arrested After Nightmare Incident Last Night
Sign up for the free Los Gatos Patch newsletter | Like Los GatosPatch on Facebook | Follow @GatosPatch on Twitter | Blog on Los Gatos Patch | Follow Los Gatos Patch on Instagram